Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means that if you click on any of the links and make a purchase, I will receive a commission at no additional costs to you. All opinions are my own.
Parenting is difficult. And for all of the new moms out there like me, it can be hard trying to sift through the millions of baby products online.
Like you, I had tons of thoughts that ran through my mind when I first found out that I was expecting. Some of those thoughts were things like, “What do I need?”, “I am on a budget”, and “I don’t want to buy anything I’m not going to use”. If these are the same thoughts that are running through your mind, then this article is just for you!
I started doing my research and reached out to some friends who had some great suggestions. As a result, I now have some great products that are still working and have not broken down on me. More importantly, now you won’t have to do any of the researching since I’ve done a majority of it for you! ☺️ Hope this helps!
P.S. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! You got this!
Here is a list of 15 items that I have and currently use for my baby:
1. Huggies Little Snugglers Baby Diapers – these diapers are soft and gentle on my baby’s skin. They fit just right and also have back pockets and liners for better absorption.
Don’t worry. If you’re like me and don’t want to have your baby wearing these types of diapers all of the time, I have a second option for you as well.
2. Wegreeco Washable Reusable Baby Cloth Pocket Diapers – these cloth diapers are so cute. They come in different styles, patterns, and colors. They’re six diapers altogether, six bamboo inserts, and a wet bag. The package comes with instructions on how to properly care for and wash the diapers. Very important to read the instructions and wash before use for maximum efficacy.
3. Aveeno Baby Daily Moisturize Gentle Bath Wash & Shampoo with Natural Oat Extract, Hypoallergenic – this product is very gentle on baby’s skin. It leaves the skin feeling very soft and moisturized. It is safe on the eyes and gets very sudsy. A little goes a long way!
4. Graco Pack ‘n Play – A versatile playpen and bassinet combo that provides a safe space for your baby to play and nap. It also comes with a changing station. Very easy to assemble and pack up for storage or travel. This is definitely a playpen that grows with baby! Every parent should have this playpen.
5. Century Stroll-On 2–in-1 Lightweight Travel System Infant Car Seat and Stroller Combo, Metro – A reliable 2-in-1 stroller that is lightweight and budget-friendly. This stroller comes with a car seat, car seat base, and stroller. The car seat can be easily mounted onto the car seat base once it has been attached and secured in the car. Instructions are included and/or you can watch a YouTube instruction video like my husband did when he was getting ready to set it up for baby.
The stroller also has a covering with a mesh opening to allow for breathing room for baby. It also serves as a peephole for mom/dad/caretaker to see baby while in the stroller. Additionally, there is a storage space on the under portion of the stroller where you can put baby’s bag (I’ve used it for light grocery bags when I was alone and out shopping with baby as well). Definitely a great and functional stroller! The only downside is that I wish it had a bit more cushion.
6. Munchkin Speed High Speed Bottle Warmer, White – this bottle warmer was gifted to me and I’m so happy it was! It is so convenient, easy-to-use, and affordable. It comes with four parts: the warmer, the basket, a measuring cup, and an adapter ring for smaller bottles.
All you have to do is plug the warmer into an outlet, fill your baby bottle with formula, get the measuring cup and fill it up to the line mark according to the instructions for the size of your bottle (in milliliters), pour the water into the warmer with the basket in it, then turn it on and let it do its thing! Your bottle of formula will be warmed in a matter of minutes! Great product especially for the price.
7. Dikaslon Diaper Bag Tote with Pacifier Case and Changing Pad – now this bag…I have nothing but to good to say about it! I’ve had this bag since before baby’s arrival. It is so sturdy, durable, convenient, and has so many different components to it. It is my one and only baby bag. There’s no need for more than one bag! This is it!
8. Mommy’s Bliss Original Gripe Water, Infant Gas and Colic Relief, Gentle and Safe, 2 Weeks+ – If your baby has gas, is colicky, and/or has hiccups, then this is going to be one of your best friends! Speaking from experience, a minimum of 5mL does the trick instantaneously! Your baby should feel relief in no time! Love it!
9. Easicuti Baby Tongue Cleaner, Baby Toothbrush, Mouth Swabs – these mouth swabs are so convenient and easy-to-use. They come sealed in individual, airtight clear packages. It also comes with a free finger toothbrush. I have used this product for baby since she was born up until about 10 months. I now use the training toothbrush listed below.
10. Dr. Brown’s Infant-to-Toddler Training Toothbrush, Giraffe, 0-3 years – this toothbrush is so cute and the bristles are soft and safe for baby’s first teeth’s Baby will love to grab onto the toothbrush because of the color and the shape. Definitely love this for my baby.
11. Orajel Kids Elmo Training Toothpaste Fluoride-Free, Natural Berry Fruity| Pediatrician Recommended – this toothpaste tastes great and has no fluoride. There are no artificial sweeteners, colors, or dyes. This is the number one pediatrician recommended toothpaste for children. I definitely recommend! They also have various selections to grow with baby.
12. Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Carrier – Ergonomic, Convertible, Face-in and Face-out, Front and Back Carry for Newborns and Older Babies, 8-32lbs. – this carrier is great for keeping baby near you especially if he/she cries whenever you leave the room. It is great for outings, when you’re busy doing light housework, etc. I love how easy it is to assemble and the security that it provides baby. This carrier allows you to place baby in four different seated positions and can be adjusted according to baby’s weight.
13. Baby Einstein Neptune’s Ocean Discovery Activity Jumper, Ages 6 months+, Max Weight 25lbs., Unisex – this jumper is so great with strengthening the baby’s leg muscles. It plays music and teaches baby colors and numbers in three different languages – English, Spanish, and French. The toys and colors helps baby engage in learning.
14. Ameda Mya Joy Double Electric Breast Pump & Accessories, Handsfree Compact, Lightweight – this is a lightweight electric breast pump that comes with the pump, 2 eight ounce bottle, about 4-6 flanges, and a connector tube. The pump gives you different suction pressures for milk flow beginning with stimulation of the breast prior to pumping for milk. It’s also very easy to clean. Make sure to clean out properly and air dry.
15. Philips Avent Breastmilk Storage Bags, Clear, 6oz., 50 Count – these bags are definitely a go-to if you’re breastfeeding or planning on breastfeeding. All you’d have to do is pour your breastmilk into the bag and seal it tightly. The bag is an airtight bag that reduces storage space in your freezer. You can store your milk in the freezer for up to 6 months. But, definitely refer to the instructions provided in the manual. Most importantly, be sure to follow the CDC’s guidelines on Proper Storage and Preparation of Breast Milk.
That’s all for now. I hope this list helps you make the best choices for you and your baby! Until next time, Toodles! 💜
Sharing is caring. Share this with your friends! Pin this to Pinterest!
Let’s be friends!