As a wife, it can be very challenging trying to make sure that you have everything squared away concerning your relationship with your husband. There’s always a “hope” that everything will be A-okay and perfect. But, no one or any marriage/relationship is perfect.
However, I’ve learned over time that that which is worth it to you, is definitely worth fighting for AND worth the sacrifice – that is the sacrifice of ones time via spiritual warfare, prayers, praise & worship, and the like – no matter what. You see, as time elapses, you’ll learn that growth should not be one-sided, rather a growth that takes place between one another in unison.
Now, that doesn’t mean that you’ll both be on the same level – one may be better hands-on and the other may be better with books (you get my drift?!). Regardless of who is better at which, there are strengths found in each of you. And, whatever you may consider as a weakness in your spouse, is actually a strength cloaked in the mirage of weakness.
Build Your Husband Up Through Prayer
With that being said, wives, build your husband up. Whatever you’re seeing as a weakness or faults in your spouse, bring it to the throne room of God via prayer. You were not brought in to his life to change him. That’s God’s job. Your job as his wife, is to be his help mate – supporting him however which way you can and filling in the gaps with the help of the Lord through your prayers.
Use your watchful eyes, keen ears, sensitivity, and intuition to take note of the things that may not be as “perfect” as they should be. And, take what you’ve observed and felt to the altar of God so that HE can fix it. It may not be an overnight change or quick fix. But, always remember that the timing of the Lord is perfect and good. Oh, and that you (yes, you!) too are dealing with things that he considers to be imperfect as well. Always remember that both of you are still working through things physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally.
So, don’t be quick to judge your spouse because of his lack thereof. Instead, pick up your Bible, go to your prayer closet, and lift up Biblical scriptures to God concerning him. It may take some time. But, trust me. You’ll be happy you invested spiritual currency on your husband. He is, indeed, your better half, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, and ‘til death do you part.
Alright, enough of the preaching (🤣) let’s dive in to this list of my top 15 Biblical scriptures (that are DEFINITELY a MUST) to pray over your husband.
15 Scriptures To Pray Over Husband [With Biblical Reference(s)]
1. “Create in him a clean heart, give him a right spirit, and give him a sound mind”.
Scripture reference(s): Psalms 51:10, 2 Timothy 1:7
2. “Lord, give my husband a heart after thine own heart”.
Scripture reference: Acts 13:22
3. “God, help my husband to love you, reverence you, know you, see you, hear you, long for you, hunger & thirst for you, all of the days of his life”.
Scripture reference(s): Luke 10:27, Hebrews 12:28, 1 Samuel 12:24
4. “Draw him closer to you”.
Scripture reference: James 4:8
5. “Let him worship you in Spirit and in Truth”.
Scripture reference: John 4:24
6. “Father, inscribe your words upon the walls of his heart that he may not sin against you”.
Scripture reference: Proverbs 3:3
7. “Teach him thy ways oh Lord”.
Scripture reference: Psalms 86:11
8. “Cast him not away from thine presence & keep your Holy Spirit in him”.
Scripture reference: Psalms 51:11
9. “Let your song of praise forever be on his lips and in his heart”.
Scripture reference: Psalms 40:3
10. “Help him to see his faults through Your eyes and keep him from lusting of the flesh, lusting of the eyes, and the pride of life”
Scripture reference: 1 John 2:16
11. “Help him to be courageous; help him to be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove”.
Scripture reference: Matthew 10:16
12. Teach him to use the full armor of God to fight”.
Scripture reference: Ephesians 6:10-18
13. “Help him to forgive himself of his past so that he can move forward in you”.
Scripture reference: Isaiah 43:18
14. “May he live a long life by abiding in you. Please help him to fulfill his purpose on this Earth according to your will before he goes to sleep”.
Scripture reference: Proverbs 3:1-2; Psalms 91:1; Psalms 57:2
15. “Teach him to love me as Christ so loved the church and gave His life for it”.
Scripture reference: Ephesians 5:25
Well, beautiful people, that’s my list of 15 scriptures to pray over your husband no matter what. I hope this article was helpful to you. If it was, please share with your friends and loved ones.
Until next time, toodles! 💜